Writing New Chapters With Stacey Macdonald
Writing New Chapters with Stacey Macdonald
In this week's episode I speak to an incredibly honest and inspiring lady, Stacey Macdonald. Stacey’s husband Chris died suddenly in December 2013 from a heart attack when their daughter was only 12 years old.
Stacey shares her journey of loss and how she navigated her way through her grief in her own unique way, a way in which we could all learn a lot from.
- How Stacey and her daughter dealt with that first Christmas
- The coping strategies Stacey used in her grief
- The pivotal moment Stacey realised she had to make some changes
- Supporting Children through their grief
- Navigating new relationships
- Deciding to live again after loss
- The importance of leaning into your own intuition
- Worrying about other people's judgements and assumptions
- Finding joy in today and writing the new chapters in our books with love and peace in our hearts
This really is such a wonderful conversation and I know you’ll be able to draw so much from this.
We got unexpectedly cut off at the end (the joys of living on a small island), so there is an abrupt finish to the conversation. We contemplated arranging another time to record an ending but I actually felt that Staceys final words of wisdom were so beautiful, it felt like the perfect end to a wonderful conversation, so we left it at is was.